1. Please be seated until the gangway is lowered. Passengers should board or alight at specified access and should be careful when crossing the gangway.
2. Do not stand on the deck of the ferry or the staircase and do not put any part of your body out of the window.
3. Passengers should not lie down or put their feet on the seats.
4. Please keep the ferry clean.
5. Smoking and gambling are strictly prohibited on ferries, and passengers should not bawl on board.
6. Each passenger is allowed to carry ONE suitcase of sizes not exceeding 60cm(L) x 30cm(W) x 80cm(H) without charge. If the volume or any side of the suitcase exceeds the abovesaid standards or falls into other category of goods, passenger is required to pay for freight charges based on the freight charge table. Freight service is only available on specified schedules of Central to/from Yung Shue Wan, all schedules of Central to/from Sok Kwu Wan, ordinary ferry schedules and specified fast ferry schedules of Central to/from Peng Chau. Our company reserves the right of the final decision in carrying any freight. Please refer to《Notice of Freight Arrangement》for details.
7. No person carrying flammable materials and gas, explosive materials, dangerous goods classified by the HKSAR Government, heavy cargo, cargo with abnormal physical dimensions or solid bulk cargo is allowed on board ferries.
8. Children under three years of age accompanied by a fare-paying adult, and do not occupy a seat may travel free of charge. Only one child per adult is allowed for free carriage.
9. Half price discount is available to the children under twelve, elderly over sixty-five and disabled person who could produce proof of entitlement such as HK Identity Card, Senior Citizen Card and Registration Card for The People With Disability when paying the fare. Under the “Public Transport Fare Concession Scheme for the Elderly and Eligible Persons with Disabilities” launched by the HKSAR government, eligible persons can travel on HKKF ferry at a concessionary fare of $2 per trip at any time by using qualified Elder Octopus card or Personalised Octopus card.
10. Passengers should not board a ferry when it is full or reaches its licensed capacity.
11. Except for large dogs, any small dogs, animals or poultries have to be caged and large dogs must be on a lead with muzzle on if brought aboard ferries. Our company will charge for pet carriage service and also reserves the right of the final decision for the provision for such a service.
12. Monthly Ticket/Student Monthly Ticket/Multi-Ride Ticket shall become invalid if it is lost or damaged, and the holder must report to our company immediately. For damaged Ticket, the applicant shall pay a replacement deposit. For lost Ticket, the applicant shall pay a replacement deposit plus a non-refundable handling charge. Our company will issue for replacement a new Ticket with the same value as the damaged or lost Monthly Ticket/Student Monthly Ticket/Multi-Ride Ticket.
13. Our staff have the right to inspect Monthly Ticket/Student Monthly Ticket/Multi-Ride Ticket, passengers should pay full fare if he/she fails to produce the Ticket for inspection.
14. Monthly Ticket/Student Monthly Ticket/Multi-Ride Ticket is a personalized Ticket and is not transferable. No passenger shall use or attempt to use Monthly Ticket/Student Ticket/Multi-Ride Ticket without the passenger’s name and photo, or with the name and photo of another person. In case of any unauthorised use, our company will report to the police and confiscate the Ticket immediately. Moreover, such holder’s name will be recorded by the company and DISQUALIFIED FROM APPLYING FOR OR HOLDING ANY MONTHLY TICKET/STUDENT MONTHLY TICKET/MULTI-RIDE TICKET WITH OUR COMPANY thereafter.
15. If a passenger needs to wait for travelling companions, the passenger should wait outside the gate. Once the passenger has entered the gate of the pier, the passenger must travel on the current sailing at the time of entry. If the passenger wishes to travel on any subsequent sailing for any reason, the passenger must immediately exit the gate, pay the fare again and re-enter the gate, otherwise the passenger must pay the fare for such subsequent sailing and each sailing between the current sailing and such subsequent sailing.
16. Passengers must not do any act that may endanger the safety of persons on board or the safety of navigation. Passengers must follow instructions given by our company’s staff, and must comply with the laws of Hong Kong, including but not limited to the Ferry Services Ordinance and the Ferry Services Regulations (Chapters 104 and 104A of the Laws of Hong Kong).
Updated on 1 April 2021
Hong Kong & Kowloon Ferry Limited
Tel: (852) 2815-6063
Fax: (852) 2815-6263
Address: Pier 4, New Reclamation, Central, HK
Office Hours: Monday to Sunday, 9 AM – 6 PM
Lunch Hour: 1 PM – 2 PM