Please note and accept the following Conditions of Freight Arrangement before buying ticket:
1. Any flammable materials and gas, explosive materials, or dangerous goods classified by the HKSAR Government (including but not limited to item classified as Dangerous Goods by HK Legislation Chapter 295) will NOT be allowed to be carried on board ferries.
2. Any freight/cargo the presence of which might reasonably be expected to cause offence to any passenger on the ferry vessel will NOT be allowed to be carried on board ferries.
3. Any length of freight/cargo cannot exceed 7 feet, otherwise it is not allowed to be carried on board ferries (Including all types of vessels).
4. Any item exceeding the freight/cargo area of vessel will NOT be allowed to be carried on board ferries (Based on the remaining freight/cargo area of vessel available when passenger/shipper buy ticket).
5. Heavy freight/cargo, freight/cargo with abnormal physical dimensions or solid bulk freight/cargo, and any freight or cargo which is specified by our company as being not acceptable for carriage is not allowed to be carried on board ferries, including but not limited to large cable reel, pallet truck.
6. All freight/cargo will be served on a first-come-first served basis.
7. Passengers must obtain our staff’s approval before carrying any living animal (including but not limited to birds, reptiles and insects, whether or not a pet) and the animal must be (i) carried in a secure cage or container, or (ii) suitably restrained (e.g. on a leash) and muzzled (if applicable).
8. Booking is required for large sized or large quantity of freight/cargo at least one day in advance (If there is no advance booking, the freight/cargo might not be carried on board at the current sailing and need to carry on several sailings.).
9. Advanced booking should provide the details of freight/cargo item, including its volume and material/content.
10. Freight ticket is ONLY valid for current sailing.
11. Adequate manpower should be arranged by the passenger/shipper for loading and unloading of freight/cargo.
12. Loading and unloading of freight/cargo should NOT cause any delay to sailing’s departure.
13. Container of slaughtered food or animals should be properly covered.
14. Passenger/Shipper shall be responsible for any loss or damage of their freight/cargo/animal during carriage, and in no circumstances shall our company or employees be responsible in any way for any such loss or damage whatsoever.
15. The passenger/shipper shall be fully responsible and liable for any loss or damage which may be caused to our vessel or our company or to any other passenger or their property by the freight/cargo/animal.
1. The freight area available for each sailing is subject to its vessel type. Passenger/Shipper is suggested to inquire HKKF before making freight arrangement.
2. The decision of our company is final regarding what freight/cargo is allowed to be carried on our ferries.
Under the laws of Hong Kong, a local vessel used for carrying dangerous goods shall fulfil the following legal requirements: operating licence, making notification to the Marine Department, taking care of dangerous goods on board by proper personnel, etc. A passenger ferry is principally unable to meet the said legal requirements.
According to the Schedule of Cap. 295E “Dangerous Goods (Application and Exemption) Regulation 2012” and the 《International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code》, the following goods have been classified as dangerous goods. Ferry is not permitted to carry these goods.
|Cat. 1||Explosives||Gunpowder, Fireworks|
|Cat. 2||Flammable gases, non-flammable and toxic gases, toxic gases||Compressed gases, liquefied gases, liquefied petroleum gases, refrigerant, ethyne|
|Cat. 3||Flammable liquids||Paint, Lacquer Thinner, Turpentine, Gasoline, Diesel, Kerosene, industrial ethanol|
|Cat. 4||Flammable solids, substances liable to spontaneous combustion, and substances which, in contact with water, emit flammable gases||Phosphorus, red phosphorus, camphor powder, sulfur, row rosin, matches|
|Cat. 5||Oxidizing substances and organic peroxides||Hydrogen peroxide|
|Cat. 6||Toxic substances, Infectious substances||Ammonia solution, clinical waste|
|Cat. 7||Radioactive material|
|Cat. 8||Corrosive substances||Drain cleaner, hydrochloric acid, bleach|
|Cat. 9||Miscellaneous dangerous substances or materials||Expandable polymeric beads|
|Cat. 9A||Miscellaneous dangerous substances or materials (Schedule 3 of Cap 295E)||Cotton Waste, cotton (raw), Kapok, Polymethyl Methacrylate (raw material), Polypropylene (raw material), Polystyrene (raw material), Polytetrafluoroethylene, Polythene (raw material), Polyvinyl chloride (raw material), Rubber (raw), Rubber tyres for motor vehicles and aircrafts|
According to the Ferry Services Regulations (Cap. 104A), the ferry licensee is obliged to direct its ferry not to carry freight that may cause offence to passengers or is obligated not to permit passengers with offensive possessions to board the ferry. Meat from the carcass of livestock and poultry like pig, cattle, sheep, etc, must be kept in befitting container to reduce exposure to air for food hygiene and consideration for others.
Relevant Regulations are as follows:
Cap. 104A Reg. 5 Offensive Cargo (Ferry Services Regulations)
Subject to the prior written consent of the Commissioner and to any directions the Commissioner may give in relation thereto, a grantee or licensee shall not carry on any ferry vessel any cargo the presence of which might reasonably be expected to cause offence to any passenger on the ferry vessel.
Hong Kong & Kowloon Ferry Limited
10 November 2023
Hong Kong & Kowloon Ferry Limited
Tel: (852) 2815-6063
Fax: (852) 2815-6263
Address: Pier 4, New Reclamation, Central, HK
Office Hours: Monday to Sunday, 9 AM – 6 PM
Lunch Hour: 1 PM – 2 PM